- Name: Abebe Dires Dinberu
- Sex: Male
- Date Birth: 1975
- Marital status: Married
§ Title: Assistant Professor
- Present position: PhD
- E‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell phone: +251918760699
- 2013 – 2016: PhD Business Studies (Tourism) Punjabi University, Patiala (India).
- 2007-2008: Maters of Arts in History & Heritage Management (Addis Ababa University)
- 2004. Higher Diploma in Teaching (Bahir Dar University)
- 1999-2003: Bachelor of Education in History with distinction (Bahir Dar University)
Experience in academic leadership:
- 26/05/2016-18/03/2017: Community Service Coordinator, Bahir Dar University
- 01/12/2011- 06/08/2013: Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, Bahir Dar University
- 15/07/2011- 30/11/2011: Program Manager, Faculty of Social Sciences, Bahir Dar University
- 10/03/2011-18/04/2011: Head, Department of History & Heritage Management
- 04/11/2008- 09/12/2009: Vice Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, Bahir Dar University
Experience in teaching and training:
- Teaching experience: I have been teaching at higher education since 2003.
- Professional involvement:
- I have been an active member of different professional engagements at my university at different time.
- Module writing, Book Club, Research Trainings
Research experience, Publication and Conferences attended:
· A Bibliographic Survey of Historical Articles in The Ethiopian Herald (1943-1963), European Scientific Journal, Vol. 8, No.16, , July 2012
· A Survey of Cultural Heritages and the Growth of Tourism in Ethiopia, International Research Journal of Management and Commerce Vol. 2, Issue 12, Dec 2015.
· The effect of Service Quality on Tourist Satisfaction and Loyalty at Gondar Town and its Surroundings.
· Tourist motivation factors to Christian heritages of Lalibela(Ethiopia)
Publications on progress
- Power Centralization and its Impact on the 1974 Ethiopia Revolution
- A study of Sport Tourism in Ethiopia
- The Nile/Abay Quest in the Ethiopian Popular Imagination and Scholarship
- The Dynamics of Blood Feud and Its Impact in Amhara Rigional State
Participation in National and International Conferences
· 5th International Conference on Women and Development held Punjabi university, Patiala from 22-23 November 2013(Participation)
· Workshop-cum-Training Programme on Census data Dissemination by Center for census Studies and Research held at Punjabi university, Patiala from 17-18 December 2013(Participation)
· The First Ethio-Czech International Conference on Africa held on 24-25 September 2014 at Jimma University( Presentation of a research paper entitled “A Bibliographic Survey of Historical Articles on the Ethiopian Herald(1943-1963)”)
· Qualitative Methods and Software Application held on 15-20 December 2014 at Bahir Dar University organized by the Faculty of Social Sciences(Trainee)
· Project Proposal development and Fund Raising held on 16-21 February 2015 at Bahir Dar University organized by the Faculty of Social Sciences(Trainee)
· Faculty of Social Sciences, Bahir Dar University, paper presentation entitled “The effect of Service Quality on Tourist Satisfaction and Loyalty at Gondar Town and its Surroundings” held on 25 march 2015 (Presented as author with a co-author Mesfin Anteneh)
· College of Business and Economics, Bahir dar University,the 4th Tourism MICE week paper presentation entitled “Exploratory study of the Tourist Motivation Factors to Lalibela” held 1-5 January 2017.
Ongoing University Affair Participation and professional Service
· Faculty of social Sciences: Journal Committee Member, 28/08/2014-Present
· Bahir Dar University Staff Appointment & Promotion Committee Member, 06/11/2017- Present
· Peda Campus Grievance Handling Committee: 29/12/2017: Present
Course Taught-very recently taught and ongoing
· Introduction to Tourism
· Theories and practices of heritage management
· Anthropology of Tourism
· Tourism resources and Tourism Management in Ethiopia
Consultancies & other activities:
- 2010 November, Volunteer in the “Yes You (th) Can” Preparatory School Student Conference held in Bahir Dar, organized by Embassy of the United States of America and the Educational Bureau of the Amhara National regional State.
- Active member of the Ecotourism Volunteers Association, Bahir Dar
- Active volunteers member of Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia
- Football, Poetry, TV shows