As per Article 41 of the Senate Legislation (May 2019), Graduate, Research and Community Services vice Dean shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plan (short the term, long term), follow up the implementation and report the graduate program activities
- Prepare standard, framework, guidelines and strategies for enhancing PG programs,
- Follow up the students‟ progress from admission to graduation
- Initiate and monitor the development of new programs and review of existing postgraduate programs and curricula based on needs and national priorities.
- Prepares capacity building programs for postgraduate students and staff.
- Promote and work on internationalization of programs
- Follow up graduate students progress report
- Ensuring the the relevance of postgraduate students‟ research with the thematic areas of the
- Lead weekly research seminars and make sure active participation of graduate students
- Lead annual and other related research seminars, conferences and ensure active participation of
graduate students and staffs
- Announce research calls, assign evaluators and award research grants by giving due priorities to
researchers that incorporate graduate students.
- Provide support and follow up for research projects and report the performance to respective
- Initiate research projects and grant writings
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the community services and technology transfer activities and report the performance accordingly.
- Perform other activities assigned by the dean.