As per Article 40 of the Senate legislation (May 2019), the academic vice Dean shall have the
following powers and responsibilities:
- Directs the teaching-learning activities of the academic units
- Follows up and executes the decisions and recommendations of the AC.
- Seeks to provide opportunities for educational and professional development of the staff and
students of the academic unit.
- Follows up and facilitates the processing of Development s, promotions, salary increments andbenefits due to staff members of the AU.
- Prepares and causes to be prepared plans, programs and budgets for the activities of the facultyand closely supervises the implementation of approved plans and programs.
- Supervises the proper use of resources within the AU.
- Ensures that students‟ evaluations and colleague reviews of staff members of the AU are properlyconducted and the necessary reports are submitted to the Dean as per procedures on these matters.
- Develop strategies for the expansion of academic programs at all levels.
- Ensuring timely and effective communication and advertisement of academic programs.
- Ensure timely and effective orientation of students.
- Ensure that course instructors, advisors, and examiners are timely assigned on merit basis
- Follow up the college’s customers needs & expectations and works toward meeting those
identified needs and expectations;
- Shall set target performance levels of the college, and shall communicate the goal and process
map for its attainment;
- Continually collect information on the performance of core processes through various mechanismsincluding customer satisfactions assessments; evaluate the performance achievements, identifygaps, and develop proposals for process improvement and communicate the finding to the collegeDean;
- Develop process flowcharts, and the corresponding manuals, guidelines, etc;
- Develop procedures and standards for performance and execution;
- Ensure the development and implementation of appropriate, customer and outcome-focused,
efficient and effective, management and measurement system, process design, value and culturein the college;
- Assess, together with department heads, the performance of teaching-learning and organize a
report to the Dean;
- Conduct periodic and continuous program market analysis.
- Ensure continuous impact assessment, evaluation, and graduates‟ follow up and feedback.
- Convene periodic program review sessions wherein external and internal stakeholders and partners shall be invited and gather relevant program improvement information;
- Discuss with department heads and staff on process improvement; and
- Take the Dean’s role in the absence of the latter.
- Carries out other relevant tasks assigned to him by the Dean.