Full Name:Meseret Ayalew Dejenie
Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
+251 – (0) 9 11 58 99 96/12 13 82 44
Sex Male | Date of birth 15/09/1988 | Nationality Ethiopia
October, 2013 - Present
Department of Psychology
Bahir Dar University
Tel:+251-(0) 588-20- 96-76
Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
§ Coordinator, University Counseling Center (UCC)
§ Course Chair for the Module of Clinical and Health Psychology
§ Coordinator and supervisor of internship
§ Mentoring university counselors
§ Teaching commonly: Psychopathology/Abnormal Psychology/; Psychology of Gender and Human Sexuality; Health Psychology; Clinical Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling, Statistics for Psychology I and Statistics for Psychology II Courses
Clinical Practice (Intern) in:
July, 2012 to July, 2013
- Emmanuel Specialized Psychiatric Hospital, for four months
- St. Paul Millennium Medical College, Psychiatry Unit, for four months
- Gefferssa Rehabilitation Center, for four months.
September, 2010 - August,2011
Gerji, Bole Sub-City
Tel:+251-(0) 116 29 33 44
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- “The Effect of Iodized Salt on Child Development”: Trained to Administered the Bayley Scales of Child Development and Collected data on Child Mental Development from January3rd to January 10th, 2014 (organized by McGill University).
- “IEC-BCC Message Material Development and Dissemination Focusing on Youth SRH”, from October12th to October 17th, 2015, Organized by; Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia, Bahir Dar.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), for ten days. Organized by School of Psychology Addis Ababa University
- Basic Courses in Ethiopian Sign Language and Deaf Culture for two semesters organized by the Department of Linguistics and Philology, Addis Ababa University
- Good listener
- Good decision maker
- Sensitive to disadvantaged group of the society
- Highly initiative
- Good communication skills gained through experience as a peer educator and Gender activist in AAII for three years.
- Good communication skills gained through experience as a teacher and school Counsellor
- Good command of the basics of computer skills gained by short-term training from Computers Knowledge Center(CKC)
- Excellent skills in using SPSS software gained through short-term training from Bahir Dar University
- Enhancing Teacher Education for Bridging the Education Quality Gap in Ethiopia. Training on ICT use in Education for Teacher Educators. February12-14,2015, Bahir Dar Univeristy, Bahir dar, Ethiopia.
- Ethiopian Driving license (License No. 017641)
1. Mental Health Status of Returnee Ethiopian Women from the Middle East vis -a- vis Women in the Process of Migration: Implications for Intervention. Presented at The 1stAnnual Research Conference of Amhara National Regional State Health Bureau, August2-4, 2014
2. Mental Health Status of Returnee Ethiopian Women from the Middle East vis -a- vis Women in the Process of Migration: Implications for Intervention. In the first IGAD International Health Conference held from December 03-06/2014, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
3. Peer Led Learning: Preparation, Implementation, Achievement and Challenges at Bahir Dar University, Axum University, and Wollo University. Presented at the 32ndInternational May Educational Conference; Organized by Faculty of Educational and Behavioral Sciences at Bahir Dar University, 29-31 may, 2014. (Team work)
4. The Role of Cognitive Behavioral Group Therapy in Improving Psychological Distress of MDR-TB Patients. Presented at the 26th EPHA Annual Conference held from February 25-28, 2015, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia (Team work)
Researches done but not presented yet
- Intergroup Conflict among University Students: Implication for Diplomatic Edification and constructing Positive Academic Atmosphere ( ongoing project, team Work)
- The Prevalence, Trends and Consequences of Substance Abuse among University Students: Implication for Quality Education (team Work).
- Enhancing the Life skills and Psycho-Social Wellbeing of BDU Communities
- Providing Reintegration Training for Returnees from Domestic Work in the Middle Eastern Countries: In West Gojjam Zone, Finote-Selam(Team Work).
- Enhancing the Academic Potentials, Psycho-Social and Health Wellbeing of Infected and Affected Children and Youths with HIV/AIDS, in Bahir Dar (Team Work).
- University Counselling Center (UCC): A Guideline for the Establishment, Organization and Administration of the Center, Bahir Dar University.
- The Study of Stress and Competence in Children: A building block for developmental psychopathology. Presented at Friday seminar of College of Education and Behavioural Sciences, Bahir Dar University, Article review.
- Causes, Consequences and Remedial Techniques of Sexual dysfunction. . Presented at Friday seminar of College of Education and Behavioural Sciences, Bahir Dar University
- Ethiopian Psychologists’ Association (EPA)
- Ethiopian Public Health Association (EPHA)
- Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE)
- Matebe Tafere (PhD), Associate Professor
Academic Vice President of Bahir Dar University
Mob:+251-(0) 9 18 34 01 63
- Dawit Asrat(PhD)
Director, Institute of Pedagogical and Educational Research(IPER)
Bahir dar University
Mob:+251-(0) 9 18 76 62 32
- Moshe landsman (PhD)
Lecturer, Clinical psychology track
Yerucham 80552 ISRAEL