FULL NAME: AWOKE ANDARGIE
CURRENT ADMINISTRATIVE TITLE (if any):
OFFICE ADDRESS : MATHEMATICS DEPARTMENT, C-38
E-MAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Year of Degree Degree Institution
Dec. 1991 BSc in Mathematics Addis Ababa University
July 1998 MSc in Mathematics Addis Ababa University
Jan. 2009 PhD in Mathematics National Institute of
Technology, Warangal, India
July 2005 Higher Diploma Certificate
for a professional teacher Bahir Dar University
Oct. 2012 Post Doctoral National Institute of
Technology, Warangal, India
ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS (old and new)
Since Sept.16, 2015 Associate professor, Bahir Dar University,
Department of Mathematics
Feb. 2009- Sept. 16, 2015 Assistant professor, Bahir Dar University,
Department of Mathematics
Sept. 2000- Jan. 2006 Lecturer, Bahir Dar University, Department of
AWARDS AND HONORS (if any)
Date and Organization
UNIVERSITY COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS: (departmental, Faculty, School, College, Institute)
- Head of the Registrar, Bahir Dar University, July 30, 2008- Aug 23, 2010
- Course Chair and Council member, Mathematics Department, Since April 2011
- Secretary, curriculum and standards committee, BDU, July 30, 2008- Aug 23, 2010
- Associate Editor for EJST (Ethiopian Journal of Science and Technology), Science College, BDU, since Jan. 2014
Research Proposal Review Committee member, since December 2010
Science College Research Advisory Committee member, Since 2011
Science College Faculty Staff Affairs Committee(FSAC), Since Feb. 2013
First Science Annual conference Organizing Committee member, 2013
Graduate Program Coordination Committee Member, Since Dec. 2012
Graduate Program Modularization committee member, since Dec. 2013
Chair man for the Committee “Selecting prospective BSC graduates to serve as an assistant lecturer “in Mathematics Department, May 2011
Member of the committee for the establishment of the School of Mathematics and Statistics, Aug. 2013
Member of the committee organized by science college to study the College ofscience Organizational structure, July 2013
Freshman coordinator for First year Natural Science Students Education Faculty, BDU, February 2001 – November 2004
- Solving Singularly Perturbed Differential Difference Equations via Fitted Method; Application and Applied Mathematics: An International Journal (AAM),vol.8, Issue 1(June 2013), pp. 318-332
- Parameter Fitted Scheme for Singularly Perturbed Delay Differential Equations; International Journal of Applied Science and Engineering (IJASE), 2013. 11, 4:361-373
- An Asymptotic-Fitted Method for Solving Singularly Perturbed Delay Differential Equations; Journal of Applied Mathematics (AM), Vol.3 No. 8, 2012, pp. 895-902
- Two Initial Problems Approach for Solving Singular Perturbation Problems; American Journal of Computational Mathematics(AJCM),2012, 2, 213-216
- Fourth Order Fitted Scheme for Second Order Singular Perturbation Boundary Value Problems; American Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 2012 , vol.2(1): pp.25-29
- The Method of Asymptotic Inner Boundary Condition for Singular Perturbation
Problems: Journal of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, 29(2011) 937 - 948.
- Numerical Method for Singular Perturbation Problems Arising in Chemical Reactor Theory: Journal of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, 28(2010) 411- 423.
- Terminal Boundary Condition for Singularly Perturbed Two point Boundary Value Problems: International Journal of Neural, Parallel and Scientific Computations,16(2008)435-448.
- A Numerical Integration Method Singular Perturbation Problems with Mixed Boundary Conditions: Journal of Applied Mathematics and Informatics,26(2008)1273-1287.
- Numerical Technique-I for General Singular Perturbation Two Point Boundary Value Problems: International eJournal of Numerical Analysis and Related Topics, 1(2008)9-22.
- Fitted Fourth Order Tri-diagonal Finite Difference for Solving Singular Perturbation Problems: Applied Mathematics and Computation, 192(2007)90-100.
- An Exponentially Fitted Special Second Order Finite Difference for Solving Singular Perturbation Problems: Applied Mathematics and Computation, 190(2007)1767-1782.
- Fitted-Stable Finite Difference Method for Singularly Perturbed Two Point boundary value Problems, Ethiopian Journal of Education and Sciences, vol.11 (1) (2015)61-76.
MAJOR RESEARCH INTERESTS (1/2 page maximum)
Many of the physical phenomena in sciences and engineering are described by differential equations. Exact solutions of most of real world problems are often very difficult or impossible to find. Solutions to such problems can be approximated using numerical methods. Numerical Methods for solving differential equations is a vast area which deals with numerical errors, stability, parallel algorithms, convergence and efficiency of the method.
My research interest is on numerical methods for solving singularly perturbed differential equations and singularly perturbed differential difference equations (linear and non-linear). Among many of the methods being used; Asymptotic approaches, Numerical Integration methods, Fitted and Exponentially fitted approaches, Boundary Value methods, Initial Value methods, Spline and B-Spline methods; are some to mention.
Note: send your profile to email@example.com
Solomon Mulu, Central Web Manager, BDU