- A first year student whose first semester SANG/CANG/ ≥1.75 can pass to second semester with good standing.
- A first year student whose first semester SANG/CANG/ is 1.5≤SANG<1.75 can pass to second semester with warning status.
- A first year student whose first semester SANG/CANG/ is 1.0 < SANG<1.5 is Academic Dismissal.
- A first year student whose first semester SANG/CANG/ is 1.0 < SANG<1.5 but some of the letter grades are C- and above and the remaining letter grades are F, he/she shall be forced to withdraw and take the all courses with F grades in re-admission time. In other words if a student is academic dismissal but no Fx & D grades, he/she shall be forced to withdraw.
- A first year student whose first semester SANG/CANG/ ≤ 1.00 shall be Complete Dismissal.
- A student with F grade shall add and take the course afresh.
- A student can’t pass to the next semester without removing Fx letter grade/s in anyway.
- A student cannot register a course more than three times in any way.
- If a student scores Fx grade(s) and his/her status is not Complete Dismissal, he/she shall register for sup exam.
- All grades scored in sup exam shall be submitted as it is but if the student scores Fx grade in a course F grade shall be submitted. In other words, Fx grade will not be recorded for Sup taken courses.
- If a student didn’t take courses with Fx letter grade/s in supplementary examination because of different reasons, F grade shall be submitted for this/these course(s) to office of registrar according to schedule.
- If an academically dismissed student has Fx and/or D letter grades, he/she shall take all courses with Fx and D through supplementary examination. After Sup exam if the calculated SANG (semester Average Number Grade) ≥ 1.75 then the student can pass to second semester, otherwise the student status shall be Complete Dismissal.
No grades and Incomplete attendance
- 1.In Cases where a student does not have full examination records .the instructor shall record NG or no grade. All ‘’NG ‘’ shall be changed to one of the following
- To “ I**” by the AC in consultation with the instructor concerned for a student who because of illness or extenuating or extraordinary circumstances, fails to complete the module/course .The student or his/her representative shall provide evidence three working days after the registration of subsequent semester.
- Where there is no valid reason the “ I** “ will be changed to “ F” after three days of the subsequent registration dates.
- Where there is a valid reason “I**” shall not play any part in the computation of the semester grade point average.
2. In a situation where reasons beyond his/her control, a minimum of 85% attendance is tolerated for the lecture/tutorial sessions, but it is compulsory to attend 90% of time of (laboratory /practical class sessions. attendance) and the student or his/her representative should be required to provide acceptable reasons for his/her failure to attend the classes in both block and semester base courses within 3 working days after the registration of the subsequent semester.
- If a student's incomplete attendance is proven to have been for valid reasons, his previous registration for the course shall be cancelled and permitted to retake the course afresh.
- If a student's incomplete attendance was due to reasons that were not valid, and the "I" grade shall be changed to "1*" three working days after the subsequent registration.
- 2.3. "1*" shall be considered as "F" and computed in the result of the student in that semester. In case of a valid reason even if a student is under load he/she shall be registered for the semester.
- If a student obtains an "1*", he/she shall retake the course and the grade he/she has scored shall be recorded as it is.