As per the regulation of Bahir Dar University.
The curriculum for BA in Folklore (cultural studies) is designed to serve as a means of achieving the following objectives.
- To produce competent students who will contribute for the development of research in folkloristic, in areas of culture, folk literature, society and development; in interdisciplinary fields;
- To train cultural workers who collect, document, classify, describe, analyse and interpret the material and spiritual values, socio-cultural resources, mosaics and heritages of the diverse ethnic groups of Ethiopia; centring on the scientific uses of folklore and tradition in development;
- To produce graduates who are capable of: raising the cultural awareness of policy makers and the general public through electronic and print media, organizing cultural archives and museums, and creatively contributing to the development of cultural tourism;
- To produce cultural experts who skill fully organize and manage literary and cultural performances, exhibitions, and recreational activities;
- To train cultural experts who work as public relations officers and cultural attachés locally and internationally;
Students will be eligible for graduation upon successful completion of all courses in Major, common and supportive area. Besides, no "F" should be scored in any of the courses taken and with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 is required