- About Us
- Vice President for Research and Community Service
- የአማርኛ ቋንቋ ማበልጸጊያ ተቋም
- ARCCD Research Center
- Biotechnology Research Institute
- Blue Nile Water Institute
- DSF Research Center
- Energy Research Center
- GIS Research Center
- Institute of Pedagogical and Educational Research
- Tex & Garment Research Center
- Washera Geospace and Radar Science Laboratory
- Entrepreneurship Development and Incubation Center
- Institute of Economic Research
- Mecha Demographic Surveillance
- BDU TV
Yeshambel Mekuriaw Chekol
Given name:YeshambelMekuriawChekol (PhD)
Address: P.O. Box 2172, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Telephone Mobile: +251-0918769593
Date of Birth: 21 / 09 / 1975
Field of Study: Animal Nutrition (PhD) from Haramaya University awarded in October 2012
Work Experience and positions:
- Livestock and forage expert in ministry of agriculture from 1999-2005
- Lecturer in Bahir Dar University the Department of Animal Science & Technology since 2006 up to now
- Main activities and responsibilities: conducting lectures, research, community service
- College of agriculture & environmental sciences farm manager from December 2012 to July 2015
- Animal production MSc program coordinator since December 2012. Animal Feeds and Nutrition course Chair from December 2012 July 2016.
- Served as farm manager for two and half years.
- Kolela Solar model village Community service coordinator since November 2015
- I have actively involved in the research and community services program of Bahir Dar University
- Together with other professionals I prepared the Amhara Region Feeds & feeding road map from April to May 2015. The document submitted to Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA).
- Together with other professionals I prepared the Amhara Region youth dairy enterprise document from March 2016 to June 2016.
- Working as Technology Transfer and University industry linkage director since in May 2016.
- Currently, I am research team member of five year (2017-2022) Next Generation Sustainable Land management (SATREPS) Japan project.
Selamawit Demeke1, Yeshambel Mekuriaw2 and Bimrew Asmare2. 2017. Assessment of livestock production system and feed balance in watersheds of North Achefer District, Ethiopia. JAEID 2017, 111 (1): 175-190.
Genet Tilahun, BimrewAasmare and Yeshambel Mekuriaw . 2017. Effects of harvesting age and spacing on plant characteristics, chemical composition and yield of desho grass (Pennisetum pedicellatum Trin.) in the highlands of Ethiopia. Tropical Grasslands-Forrajes Tropicales (2017) Vol. 5(2):77–84
Malede Birhan, Yeshambel Mekuriaw, Aschalew Asefa, Shewangzaw AddisU, Addis Getu . 2016. Crop residue quality loss and forage conservation strategy in Mecha District of Amahara region, Ethiopia. Online Journal of Animal and Feed Research Volume 6, Issue 5: 107-112; Sep 25, 2016
GebruTefera, FirewTegegne,YeshambelMekuriaw, Solomon Melaku& Atsushi Tsunekawa. 2015. Effects of different forms of white lupin (Lupinusalbus) Grain supplementation on feed intake, digestibility, growth Performance and carcass characteristics of Washera sheep fed Rhodes grass (Chlorisgayana) hay-based diets.
NahomEphrem, FirewTegegne, YeshambelMekuriaw, LikawentYeheyis. 2015. Nutrient intake, digestibility and growth performance of Washera lambs supplemented with graded levels of sweet blue lupin (Lupinusangustifolius L.) seed. Small Ruminant Research 130 (2015) 101–107.
Yeshambel Mekuriaw and BimrewAsmare.2014.Assessment of Pig production and constraints in Mecha District, Amhara Region, Northwestern Ethiopia, Advances in agriculture Volume (2014), Article ID 329254, 5 pages
BimrewAsmare and YeshambelMekuriaw.2014. Exogenous enzymes in nutrient digestion and health of non-ruminant: Carbohydrases enzyme. Research Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Management. Vol. 3(12), pp. 605-611.
BimrewAsmare and Yeshambel Mekuriaw.2014. Application of biotechnology in farm animal nutrition and feeding: A Review. Vol. 2(1), pp.1-8.
Yeshambel Mekuriaw. 2013. Reducing livestock related methane emissions using rumen biotechnology: Overview of possibilities for Ethiopia. Pacesetter Online Publishers Vol. 1(1), pp.1-8.
YeshambelMekuriaw, M. Urge and G. Animut, 2012. Intake, Digestibility, Live weight Changes and Rumen Parameters of Washera Sheep Fed Mixtures of Lowland bamboo (Oxytenantheraabyssinica) Leaves and Natural Pasture Grass hay at different ratio.Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 11 (4): 322-331.
YeshambelMekuriaw, M. Urge and G. Animut, 2011: Role of indigenous Bamboo species (Yushaniaalpina and Oxytenantheraabyssinica) as ruminant feed in northwestern Ethiopia. Livestock Research for Rural
Development.23(9).Available at http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd23/9/meku23185.htm
YeshambelMekuriaw, R P Moudgal and TilahunSeyoum, 2006.Modification & Comparative Evaluation of the Existing & Modified hay-Box Brooder in MechaWoreda of Amhara region, Ethiopia.Livestock Research for Rural Development.Volume 18 article # 63.
MuluBayray, EsubalewTamrat&YeshambelMekuriaw. 2008. Practical Attachment Program: Achievements and Constraints. The Triple Helix---University-Industry-Government Relations.International Organisation for Knowledge Economy and Enterprise Development.pp.102-107.
Professional- Member of Ethiopian Society of Animal Production
Civic society - Member of Achefer Development Association
Civic society - Member of society for eco-tourism conservation and biodiversity
Address:BahirDar University Tel: + 251918782297(mobile); E-mail: email@example.com College of Agriculture and Environmental SciencesBahir Dar, Ethiopia, Po.Box 79
Address: Agricultural transformation agency, Addis Ababa
Tel: + 25193244514(mobile);E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org