- About Us
- Vice President for Research and Community Service
- የአማርኛ ቋንቋ ማበልጸጊያ ተቋም
- ARCCD Research Center
- Biotechnology Research Institute
- Blue Nile Water Institute
- DSF Research Center
- Energy Research Center
- GIS Research Center
- Institute of Pedagogical and Educational Research
- Tex & Garment Research Center
- Washera Geospace and Radar Science Laboratory
- Entrepreneurship Development and Incubation Center
- Institute of Economic Research
- Mecha Demographic Surveillance
- BDU TV
Addis Mekonnen Adamu
Curriculum Vitea of Dr. Addis Mekonnen
Name: Dr. Addis Mekonnen Adamu (PhD)
Date and place of Birth:-........... 08. 13. 1984,
Motta, East Gojjam, Ethiopia
Dr. Addis Mekonnen (Assistant Prof.)
Bahir Dar University,
Department of Physics
Nano-Optics Research Group (NORG)
- Senior post-doctoral researcher since March 2015 in Chalmers University of Technology.
- Junior post-doctoral researcher in the same field and research University as mentioned above from March 2013 till March 2015.
- Phd student in Physics at Radboud University Nijmegen in the field ultrafast magnetism dynamics, The Netherlands, Dec. 2012.
- M.Sc. in Physics from University Stuttgart, Germany, Oct. 30, 2008.
- B.Sc. in Physics from Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia, Jul. 5, 2005.
Relevant work experience
- Assistance professor in physics at Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia since March 2016, and chair of the Physics department.
- Group leader for the Nano-Optics Research Group (NORG).
- Senior postdoctoral researcher in nanostructured nanomagnetsism, magnetoplasmonics, and advanced nano-optics spectroscopy from March 2013- Feb. 2016 at Chalmers University of Technology in the group of Bionanophotonics. I have been working with Prof. Alexander Dmitriev.
- Junior Researcher at the Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM) Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
- Employed by Bahir Dar University as graduate assistant in Physics department, Bahir Dar University, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia , from Jul.4, 2005-Nov.30, 2006.
Attended international conferences
- A. Mekonnen, M. Cormier, A. V. Kimel, A. Kirilyuk, A. Hrabec, L. Ranno, Th. Rasing, Laser-induced ultrafast magnetization dynamics in a Gd1-xCox ferrimagnetic thin film, JEMS 2010, Krakow, Poland Aug.23-28, 2010.
- A. Mekonnen, M. Cormier, A. V. Kimel, A. Kirilyuk, A. Hrabec, L. Ranno, Th. Rasing, Laser-induced magnetization dynamics in a Gd1-xCox ferrimagnetic thin film. International workshop on laser-induced magnetization dynamics in nanostructures , Stoos - Switzerland, Oct.3-8,2010.
- A. Mekonnen, M. Cormier, A. V. Kimel, A. Kirilyuk, A. Hrabec, L. Ranno, Th. Rasing, Femtosecond laser excitation of spin resonances in Ferrimagnets (honor talk), IMM colloquium, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, Sep.7, 2011.
- A. Mekonnen, M. Savoini, K. Lodewijks, Th. Rasing, and A. Dmitriev. Magnetically controlled magnetoplasmonic metasurfaces within the visible light spectrum. MRS conference in Boston , USA, Dec 2014.
Master thesis:- Raman Light Scattering on Multiferroics TbMn2O5 and HoMn2O5 at Various Iron Doping PhD (under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Bernhard Keimer and Prof. Dr. Gert. Denninger), Max Planck Insititute for Solids State Research, Stuttgart, Germany.
PhD thesis:- Laser Pulse Control of Spins in Ferrimagnetic GdCo(Fe) Amorphous Alloys (under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Theo Rasing) Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
Mekonnen, M. Cormier, A. V. Kimel, A. Kirilyuk, A. Hrabec, L. Ranno, and Th. Rasing, “Femtosecond Laser Excitation of Spin Resonances in Amorphous Ferrimagnetic Gd1−x Cox Alloys,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 117202 (2011).
A. Mekonnen, A. R. Khorsand, M. Cormier, A. V. Kimel, A. Kirilyuk, A. Hrabec, L. Ranno, A. Tsukamoto, A. Itoh, and Th. Rasing, “Role of the inter-sublattice exchange coupling in shortlaser-pulse-induced demagnetization dynamics of GdCo and and GdFeCo alloys.” Phys. Rev. B Rapid commun. 87, 180406 (2013).
A. Mekonnen, M. Cormier, A. V. Kimel, A. Kirilyuk, A. Hrabec, L. Ranno, and Th. Rasing, “The excitation of the exchange mode and its importance for ultrafast magnetization reversal at the angular momentum compensation point,” (in preparation).
A. Mekonnen, M. Cormier, A. V. Kimel, A. Kirilyuk, A. Hrabec, L. Ranno, and Th. Rasing, “Heat-assisted magnetization reversal in GdCo alloy,” (in preparation).
A. Mekonnen, T. Pakizeh, I. Zubritskaya, G. E. Jonsson, A. Dmitriev, “Chiral light from symmetric optical antennas” arXiv:1412.3618. Dec 2014.
I. Zubritskaya, K. Lodewijks, N. Maccaferri, A. Mekonnen, R. K. Dumas, J. Åkerman, P. Vavassori, A. Dmitreiv, “Active magnetoplasmonic ruler” Nano. Lett. 2015.
A. Mekonnen, A. Fazel, T. Pakizeh, M. Savoini, I. Zubritskaya, A. Kirilyuk, Th. Rasing, and A. Dmitriev. “Magnetically controlled optical metasurfaces” Submitted to Nature Photon., and it is under review.
K. Lodewijks, V. Miljkovic, I. Massiot, A. Mekonnen, R. Verre, E. Olsson, and A. Dmitriev, “Multiscale conformal pattern transfer” Scientific Reports 6, Article number: 28490 (2016)
1) Prof. Dr. Theo Rasing
The director of Spectroscopy of Solids and Interfaces
Group. Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The
2) Prof. Andrei Kirilyuk
Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The
3) Prof. Alexandre Dmitriev
Chalmers University of Technology
Göteborg 412 96 Sweden